Look, we’ve lived all around the country. Between the four of us kids, that’s a lot of block parties, bake sales, birthday parties, and every other kind of place or event that might call for a chocolate chip cookie. After a lot of searching (and personal research-which was all kinds of fun), we found the one. I’m telling you. THE one.
This gem of a cookie was found in good ol’ Katy, Texas about 15 years ago, and it’s stood the test of time. So because October is National Cookie Month and October 1st National Homemade Cookie Day (who makes these things up? right?), we decided that it was time to share.
- 1 c. butter
- 1 small package of instant vanilla pudding (or 1/3 c.)
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar.
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- Mix softened butter (not melted), both sugars, and pudding mix and blend until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Add salt and baking soda, mix well,
- Add flour gradually and mix.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Bake a 375 degrees for 8 minutes or until just barely golden brown.
May your fondest chocolate chip dreams come true this October!!