Are you ready for a fun and easy Family Home Evening that combines football, two competitive teams, and something delicious? It’s time for the BIBLE BOWL!
Here’s what you’ll need:
– poster board, white board, or a chalk board
– markers or chalk to draw a football field
– brown card stock or construction paper to make a 3 inch football
– masking tape to use on the back of the football
– Bible Bowl Questions and answers printed out
– 1 roll of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
– 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
How to Play:
1. Divide your group into 2 teams and name them.
2. Decide how long the game will go and set a timer.
3. One person should be the referee (ask questions and verify answers). Toss a coin to determine which team goes first.
4. Put the ball on the 50 yard line and ask the first question. You can find 70 ready-to-print questions and answers here!
5. If the first team can answer correctly they gain 10 yards and continue answering questions and moving 10 yards. If they cannot, then the next team gets the ball from that position. They get to answer a new question and move 10 yards for each correct one.
6. When a team scores a touchdown they get 6 points and the ball goes back to the 50 yard line and the opposing team gets to answer questions.
7. The game ends when the time is up and you add up the points. Who’s the champ?
How to make your Pizookie (pizza cookie topped with ice cream):
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Press cookie dough into large pan about the thickness of a cookie.
3. Bake 10 minutes or just til lightly golden. We like ours a little doughy.
4. Remove from oven and scoop ice cream on top. Place in the center of your table.
5. Everyone gathers around with spoon in hand. Don’t let it cool – dive right in! Yumm!
My husband has played this for a Young Men’s Activity too. Always fun to do during Super Bowl season!
If you have a lot of confidence in your teammates, try our Bible Super Bowl for an even bigger challenge!