We’re all about family fun over here and Halloween is coming right up! Here are 10 things you need at your family Halloween party!
- Twisted – Taking Twister to a whole new level! We printed these Halloween silhouettes and cut out four of each of the six images. Using a 5.5 inch bowl we traced a circle on clear contact paper, cut them out and put the silhouette on the contact paper and then on the Twister circles. Then on your spinner make sure you write the word of the various images (cat, bat, etc. ) so they know where to put their hands and feet when they spin! (We got our Twister at our local thrift store for super cheap!)
2. Halloween Treats – We love these candy corn cupcakes and having a caramel apple bar.
3. Find the Worm – This game is so hilarious and so fun! You’ll need some gummy worms (5 for each person), tin plates, lots of whipped cream, blindfolds, and some trash bags to make clean-up easy. Get into partners and one of you will be blindfolded with hands tied behind the back. On “go”, those at the table blindfolded will need to find 5 gummy worms in their tin plate full of whipped cream. Their partner can direct them with verbal directions, but no interfering allowed! First one to have all 5 out of the plate wins.
4. Carving Contest – This is another partner game. Each pair gets one pumpkin and 20 minutes to carve. The sky is the limit on this one, but you have to act fast and be creative! Everyone gets to vote for someone else’s pumpkin. The winner is the pumpkin with the most votes.
5. Fortune Teller – Call your craziest friend to dress up as a fortune teller and come read their crystal ball for those in attendance. The more funny the better!
6. M&M Toss – Pretty simple but really fun! Buy some Halloween M&Ms at the store and start with everyone lined up across from their partner at the same distance. Each time they catch an M&M in their mouth they take a step back. The partners that get the farthest win.
7. Halloween Game – This is a take off the animal game (#7 on this post) but with Halloween characters instead! This game is a hoot! Find a list of the characters here.
8. Costume Contest – Everyone likes a good contest. Everyone casts votes for most creative, most funny, best effort (ha!) and best overall. Need some ideas? Check these out!
9. Spider Web Maze – You’ll want to partner up for this activity as well unless there are only a few kids participating. Each set of partners gets a color of string to follow. All the strings start at the same place but then go all over! We are talking in the house, up the stairs, outside…anywhere. They’ll be crawling over and under and around people and things. First ones to reach the end are the winners!
10. Fun Movies – We are all about good, clean, fun around here. The same things applies to movies. If you are looking for a super funny family friendly Halloween movie, The Ghost and Mr. Chicken is perfect for you! We all love it and have loved it for years. For a bit of an older audience (teenagers) we love Wait Until Dark.