It’s time to roll out the red carpet with a movie-inspired family reunion! It will bring out the Hollywood in everyone!
Lights, camera, action!
– Make invitations that look like a movie scene’s marker. Date (when and what time?), Scene (where?), Take (what to bring!).
– Run a “red carpet” up to the door of your location with a roll of red wrapping paper or long red plastic rolls used for tablecloths.
– Invite family members to come dressed up as their favorite movie or Disney character. If your family isn’t that adventurous, tape a name of a movie character on each person’s back. Everyone mixes and asks “yes or no” questions to find out “who they are.”
– Ask different families to each decorate a dinner table according to a favorite movie theme. Example: A Cinderella table could have a blue sparkly tablecloth with a glass slipper on a pillow with a pumpkin and some little mice.
– Have a movie dinner menu. For example: Lady and the Tramp spaghetti and meatballs, or Toy Story Planet Pizza. Try Tangled Hazelnut soup with Snow White apple pie. In the Princess Diaries they ate green sorbet and in Parent Trap they loved Oreos dipped in peanut butter.
– Gather props and set up a backdrop (use gold wrapping paper) for a fun movie star photo booth. Print photos for everyone to take home.
– Get the family movie buff to do a sound bite contest with famous quotes from popular movies. Winners get a Movie Bucket!
– Set up a Family Walk of Fame with old pictures of grandparents, aunts, and uncles placed on large gold stars. Everyone can guess who it is.
– Have a Disney quiz or create your own jeopardy game. Here’s some fun questions and answers : http://the-quiz.com/questions-
– Let the kids decorate cardboard boxes to look like cars and have a “Drive-in Movie” outside on the lawn. Secure a white sheet on the side of your house and use a projector.
– Check out these 17 Family Movies or show one of these classic oldies. Don’t forget the popcorn!
– Before the curtain closes on your party give out some Oscars to family members. (Best in Comedy, Best Supporting Actor, Best in Costume, Best Live Action, Humanitarian Award, etc.) Before the party, head to the dollar store and purchase some inexpensive 6 – 9 inch statues. Spray them with a few light coats of gold paint and wallah- you have an Oscar! All nominees (everyone at the reunion) can receive a 100 Grand candy bar.