On New Years Eve when the husband and I went to bed at 10:30 after a sad little movie (The Good Lie-it’s lovely, but oh, get your tissues…) and bathing and bedtime-ing a stomach flu-ed toddler, I thought, “We have arrived.” This, my friends, is family life. And we are party animals.
And minus the tummy bug, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
We’ve just finished our first year of blogging here at Let’s Get Together, and we have to say-it’s been a great time! We love sharing the things that bring our families together, and we hope some of it has been at least a little bit helpful or entertaining for you. Here’s our Top 10 list of what’s been most popular around here. We’d love to hear if you tried any of these out!
10. Coming in at #10 is the Gratitude Photo Scavenger Hunt. It’s perfect for November or a “let’s-get-the-kids-out-of-the-house-while-I’m-cooking-a-bajillion-things-for-Thanksgiving-dinner-activity” but really could be done any time of the year, because hey, gratitude shouldn’t be seasonal, right?
9. Kickball is always a hit around here, but add some scripture trivia and you have yourself a ready-to-go youth activity or Family Home Evening. Be sure to put Scripture Kickball in your back pocket for those warmer months!
8. While I’m not sure I’d be able to say a single intelligent thing if I was on national television, this at-home and totally family-friendly (G-rated, my friends!) version guarantees a good time. The list of questions are ready-to-print, so head on over and get your Family Feud on!
7. Lucky #7 was brought to you by a talented friend of ours and some neighborhood girls with great hair. We love Carley’s tips for getting those perfect beach wave curls! And we love even more that each of these dos is just 5 steps!
6. Planning and blogging FROZEN Girls Camp was no small feat-but we liked it enough that we’ll be starting on another Girls Camp series soon! Of all of the activities, recipes, and games we shared, this getting-to-know-you activity (Olaf-style) was the favorite. So if you’re looking for a fun list of getting-to-know-you questions or just a little Olaf craft to do with your local Elsa fan club, be sure to check it out.
5. I think this post became a favorite because it includes so many fun ideas that work for teen dating or families or any ol’ group that likes to get together and have a good time! We’re talking a photo scavenger hunt, pudding pictionary, around-the-world ping pong, and extreme spoons.
4. It doesn’t matter how many times we play, KOOB has maintained its place at the top of our outdoor games list. It’s a bit pricey though, so we’re sharing the measurements and tips you need to make your own for hours of outdoor fun. (We’re talking 2-12 players on any outdoor surface. It’s the best!)
3. Another Thanksgiving-ish post, and this one is close to my heart. The Turkey Ticket is sure to be a hallmark of your November celebrating and something that you and your kiddos will remember all year long.
2. Ten 60-second challenges with household items you already have sitting in your house! It’s perfect for any time of year with all kinds, ages, and sizes of groups. We’ve included a ready-to-print scorecard for your participants, so you’re all set. Minute-to-Win-It is your go-to for any gathering!
1. We shared The Christmas Game just about a month ago, but it quickly climbed the charts and hopefully became a new holiday favorite for you too! We’ve been doing it every Christmas Eve for the last 6 years-and it’s a highlight every year!
For more great holiday and family ideas, like “Let’s Get Together” on Facebook! Click here.