Funny how new babies (well, just one so far-two to go) and a move take normal life and make it all kinds of crazy for a while.
I’m the moving sister, and part of the “moving package” was getting released as Primary chorister a couple of weeks ago. Saturday nights have felt weird for a few weeks. What do you do if you’re not coloring or cutting something out or trying to come up with one more thing to do with bean bags?!
Well, all I can say is that for now, I have to avoid the Primary room. Hearing them sing gets me all teary.
Funny how you grow to love something that first scared the socks off of you.
For one of my last weeks, I pulled out the Bingo boards for some good ol’ review and mildly rowdy fun. I found that summer is an awesome time to do some serious reviewing of the Primary Program songs you’ve taught up until that point. Teaching new songs can be tricky because so many kids are out of town, so cementing the words and tunes of already-learned-songs into little brains became my game plan.
I made 15 different boards (you can find and print them out here!) and passed out crayons (one or two to each kid) for them to mark off each song we sang. Every board does not have every song, but I really tried to keep the 2015 songs on every board. Here’s an example of one of the boards:
And here’s the list of songs (with their corresponding images) included on these 15 Bingo boards:
1. I Know That My Savior Loves Me (this is the one with the sign language image for love)
2. Popcorn Popping (betcha can figure this one out…)
3. Teach Me to Walk In the Light (lightbulb, you could use any song that talks about light)
4. Moses verse of Follow the Prophet (10 commandments)
5. The Church of Jesus Christ (ward building)
6. The Holy Ghost (confirmation of little girl)
7. I Feel My Savior’s Love (open hand with heart above it)
8. On a Golden Springtime (growing plant)
9. I Hope They Call Me on a Mission (missionary nametag)
10. Noah verse of Follow the Prophet (Noah’s ark)
11. A Child’s Prayer (little girl with arms folded and eyes closed)
12. He Sent His Son (question mark, because we’ve talked about how the song is a bunch of questions and then answers)
13. Daniel verse of Follow the Prophet (lion)
14. I Love to See the Temple (temple)
15. Modern Day verse of Follow the Prophet (President Monson)
16. Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam (sun)
17. I am a Child of God (little boy holding a ball, little girl holding a teddy bear)
18. Book of Mormon Stories (plates)
19. When I Am Baptized (rainbow)
I printed off this list, cut it up, and had kids who were being extra reverent come up and pull our next song out of a box. I hope you and your Primary kiddos have a great time with this! Happy reviewing.
To see more great church and family ideas, like “Let’s Get Together” on Facebook! Click here.