When my son celebrated his 2nd mission birthday he really didn’t need anything. But I wanted to send something personal and supportive along with his favorite jerky and a new tie. He LOVED these photo cards!
1. Purchase a fun coupon file case. Personalize the front for your missionary with a thin permanent marker.
2. Invite family and close friends to take a photo of themselves holding a sign for your missionary (like “HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELDER!”) Get creative! It’s fun to take pics in places that your missionary will recognize (like their favorite sandwich shop) Print them as 4×6″ photos at Walmart.
3. Give those same people a 4×6″ piece of cardstock to write a brief birthday note for your Elder or Sister.
4. When you have all the photos and notecards, attach them to the back of each other (Use double-faced tape or scrapbooking adhesive).
5. Put the photo cards in the pockets inside the file case.
** This gift is probably not the best thing to send a new missionary or one that is struggling with homesickness. For seasoned missionaries it can be a wonderful dose of love, support, and fun as he/she reads happy messages from those who are cheering them on!