Did you know that those cute conversation heart candies have been around for more than a century?! They got their start around the time of the Civil War, but are now updated every year. The most popular new sayings are “Tweet Me”, “Text Me”, and “You Rock.” We made our own version of Missionary Conversation Hearts to send to our favorite Elder for Valentine’s Day!
Here’s what I did:
– Gather scraps of colored card stock paper (think valentine candy colors)
– Find your heart cookie cutters (Maybe with the play dough? I used a 3 inch one)
– Trace the heart shape on card stock and cut them out (send enough to share with his/her comp)
– Buy a few bags of small candy bars or favorite candy
– These are some of the messages I wrote on the hearts (do a few personal ones relating to his/her specific mission)
. WE LUV R LDR
. UR GR8
. B OF M
. GOT MAIL
. XRSZ FAITH
. WRK HRD
. MISS U
. BAP D8
. FAM 4FR
. DIN APPT
. GET ZZZZ
. ZONE CONF
. LUVN HNGRY
– tape the candy bars to the back of the hearts
– place in a fun heart lunch sack (less than $1 at Smith’s)
– include a copy of Elder Marvin J. Ashton’s wonderful talk “The Measure of Our Hearts”
Your missionary will be feelin’ the love – heart to heart!
GIVEAWAY WINNER !
We’re so excited to announce the winner of the Mission Map! Drum roll please….
Alison with a missionary in Georgia, we hope you love tracking his every transfer and companion on your new map! We’ll be emailing you with details. Thanks to everyone for participating! Hurray for missionaries and missionary moms!