I remember coming home from trick-or-treating as a kid and sitting on the floor with my siblings as we dumped out our loot. We’d pick out a few of our favorites to eat that night and then we’d put everything in a bowl to have at other times over the next few months. Mysteriously though, somehow there were always more Snickers missing the next day than what us kids had eaten. Also mysteriously, my dad really likes Snickers. I’m not pointing fingers or anything…just saying.
So if you are a fellow Snickers lover, this trifle is for you. Actually, even if Snickers isn’t your favorite this trifle is for you. So go sneak through your kids Halloween bags and grab all those Snickers. They’ll thank you when they take a bite of this – I promise.
We used this delicious hot fudge sauce, which we highly recommend.
- 1 whole pan prepared brownies (8x8 or larger)
- 2 packages Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 whole Snickers bars
- 1 jar caramel sauce (8 oz or larger)
- 1 batch Grandma's Hot Fudge
- Cut your prepared brownies into about 1 inch chunks and set aside
- Prepare pudding - Mix the two packages of instant pudding with 2 cups of milk. Once combined, fold in the 2 cups of sour cream and set aside
- Beat heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form, then set aside
- Chop Snickers bars into small pieces, and set aside
- Assemble dessert: crumble brownies into bottom of trifle bowl to cover surface
- Drizzle a few spoonfuls of caramel sauce over the brownie pieces.
- Drizzle a few spoonfuls of Grandma's Hot Fudge over the brownie pieces.
- Spread half of the prepared pudding over brownies and caramel.
- Spread half of the whipped cream over top of pudding layer.
- Sprinkle with half of the chopped Snickers.
- Repeat layering, finishing off with the remaining Snickers chunks and a little more drizzle of caramel and hot fudge.
- Cover and chill for a few hours before serving.