So here’s where we’re at.
I’m T-minus 10 days until this little lady is officially due. We’re
loving on (ha!) surviving a heat wave. And we just moved into a new home on Saturday that has been full of fun little plumbing surprises. Who needs showers, right? Not a big deal…
So when it came time to feed/bribe the many kind souls who came out to help us, there were a few requirements I had.
1. It’s gotta be easy.
2. It can’t make me sweat anymore than is naturally happening right now-which is, between pregnancy and the beloved heat wave, already unnaturally too much. (Don’t turn on my oven!!)
3. There’s gotta be chocolate. (And leftovers.)
Enter: the Frozen Chocolate Almond Balls from our friend Miranda. Three for three. (Easy. No heat. And chocolate.)
- 12 oz tub of Cool Whip
- 3 Hershey's chocolate with almond candy bars (7 oz each)
- 3 cups of crushed Nilla Wafers
- Melt chocolate 30 seconds at a time in your microwave, stirring each time you take it out.
- Add Cool Whip to the melted chocolate.
- Form chocolate/Cool Whip mousse into balls and roll in crushed Nilla Wafers.
- Put on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and put in freezer for at least two hours.